About Me

A former Bo's Coffee Club barista now doctor going for the sights and tastes of her beloved Cebu with the occasional segue on experiences.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Trekking in Heels

Experienced:  Aerosoles

I've been following a friend's blog for several months already.  His work is so candid and "in your face", funny, vivid and could just get me out from the occasional slumps that I get in.  Suffice it to say the he has inspired me to keep on writing in my own blog and it's a real compliment to have him follow my blog, ugh!  So several days back, I read his latest post and there it was, another contest wherein the price is a Starbuck's 2011 planner and he decided to throw in a bottle of Jose Cuervo tequila.  My eye was on the planner since I got the 2010 planner last year but alas, I not only gained the planner but a few pounds as well after drinking those Christmas drinks, fraps, and what have you.  So I labored religiously to find the right answers to the questions in order to win.

Lately I have been "down with luck" regarding party raffle draws.  I couldn't even win a Cetaphil Restoraderm body moisturizer, huhuhu.  So I gave this raffle a try.  And what did you know?  I managed to get all the right answers and posted it and voila!  The prize is mine, all mine (insert evil laugh), without the extra pounds.

So I set up the date and time to meet up with my friend to claim my prize.  I was not fated to drive my car today since I happen to incur a flat tire from God knows where (unfortunately I have an inkling) which was not noted by yours truly yesterday.  I had my dad drive me to work and so I had to find my own ride in the afternoon.  Lucky as I am, no taxi was in sight at 5pm.  I had to get to Cakewalker's Cafe so I did some trekking in my Aerosoles.


I walked 4-5 blocks in these but my feet didn't hurt at all.  Worth every peso I spent and I got this on on sale at Rustan's.

Maybe I should try this on the treadmill?
Anyway, I got where I wanted to be and claimed my prize from The Lead Character in just 15 minutes wearing this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment