About Me

A former Bo's Coffee Club barista now doctor going for the sights and tastes of her beloved Cebu with the occasional segue on experiences.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dark Chocolate It Is!

Tasted:  Tablea Chocolate Cafe

Tucked in the corner near Home Depot and ATM machines in the Northwing of SM City Cebu is a tiny place where you can gorge on chocolate called the Tablea Chocolate Cafe.  It boasts of goodies made from local chocolate whether it be the usual chocolate or white.  


It's actually my second time to try out their sweets but silly me, no photos were taken during the first try.  My accomplices during these two invasions were my mom and her friend.  So far I haven't tried eating more than two of their products at the same time.


So these are the photos of their products.  From left to right: Choco Frio, Fondue, Choco Banana Crepe, Chocolate con Churros, and the Choco Latte.

For the fondue, you can dip mallows, bananas and something similar to a breadstick.  Sorry up close photo of this one but their Facebook page provides ample visual as well as for their other products.  Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tablea-Chocolate-Cafe/142175245799021?filter=2#!/pages/Tablea-Chocolate-Cafe/142175245799021?v=photos

On my first taste, I had the Chocolate con Churros which tasted good.  The chocolate is really thick but the sediments are really fine so it goes down smooth.  Still, don't forget to chug down some water later.

Choco Frio
This is the Choco Frio that I ordered.  My mom lopped off some segment thinking it was ice cream, that's why it looks like this.  This one is served in a tall but thin glass.  I was actually full when I finished this one.

Choco Banana Crepe
This is what my mom had for the second time.  I tried a forkful and it tasted good.  It comes with a dollop of whip cream and a smothering of choco syrup.  Hmmm...I kind of doubt whether the choco syrup came from their tablea though.

Empanada?
Hmmm...not sure what this one was called since it didn't come with a display tag.  My mom's friend just picked it out.  The filling is made of ground meat which was spicy and hot, like that of a chili con carne sans the beans.

Now here's something uncommon that they're selling.  It's the Mexican version of our local batirol.  It's called a molinillo.  This one costs around Php 600.

This joint is well-priced and the food tastes really good, so choco addicts should give this one a try.  They also provide quick service and their staff are quick to suggest which of their treats would suit your tastebuds.

No comments:

Post a Comment